|On Monday, February 8, Congresswoman Lauren Underwood, Congresswoman Alma Adams, Senator Cory Booker, and the Black Maternal Health Caucus introduced historic legislation to address the maternal health crisis for Black women and birthing people of color.|
Call your member of Congress today! Let them know you want them to support birthing families.
When you call your member of Congress, the staff keeps track of the issues people are concerned about to help your member of Congress decide where to focus. When you call, you help your member of Congress by letting them know about important issues and legislation that will make a difference in your community.
Your call makes a difference!
Call your member of Congress today and tell them you need them to support birth justice – the most fundamental of racial justice issues – by supporting the Momnibus.
Call the Congressional switchboard: (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the office of your member of Congress.
When calling, say that you are a constituent and you want your member of Congress to support the Momnibus.
Here are some talking points:
– Black moms in the US are 3 to 4 times as likely to die from pregnancy-related complications
– The Momnibus includes 12 bills to address the drivers of this crisis and #SaveMoms
– Black moms, women of color, & birthing people in the U.S. should not lose their lives bringing life into the world
– The Momnibus is a historic step forward towards achieving maternal health justice
– We must invest in solutions to save Black moms, women of color, & birthing people in the U.S.
The Momnibus will also support the birth worker community by:
Investing in community-based organizations and diversifying and growing the birth worker community.
Your voice is so important- join us in letting members of Congress know that we need them – now more than ever – to support birthing people, mothers, babies, and families.
With thanks from the HealthConnect One team!