We’re proud to release our 2021 Annual Report, Planting Seeds for Future Generations.
“We are like a community garden; we support birth workers to empower birthing people and co-create with other organizations. We ensure that the garden for Black, Brown and Indigenous communities is thriving in a healthy and safe environment for future generations.”
This year’s theme, Planting Seeds for Future Generations, has allowed us to take a moment to reflect on the seeds we have planted across the nation. For 35 years, HealthConnect One has trained community leaders, ensured that birth workers’ voices are lifted and heard, and created a national network of birth equity leaders.
This year we’ve been able to plant the following seeds:
- Trained community-based doulas to foster thriving and sustainable communities
- Served as a funding intermediary for community-led work through resource mobilization and community convening
- Remained a resource for parents and families during the pandemic through virtual training and meetings
- Built relationships with other organizations & cultivated new skills by co-creating with our networks
- Advocated & Fought for Fair Pay for Birth Workers with birth equity leaders across the country
Learn more about how we impacted birthing families in 2021, download and share our annual report here.